West Rainton Surgery
How we use your medical records
- This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record.
- We do share some of your data with local out of hours/urgent or emergency care services.
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research.
The Data Protection Officer for the Practice is Andrew Dowson. If you would like to contact the Data Protection Officer, please use the following Contact number:
Or you can write to the DPO at:
Innovation House / 27 Longfield Road / South Church / Bishop Auckland / DL14 6XB